My main goal in ministry is getting people into their proper spots to use their gifts more effectively. Also, trying to keep churches from envying larger congregations and instead just concentrate on being Biblical. If a congregation can achieve that, it will grow naturally and won't need an unbiblical church fad to accomplish it.
"Thus says the Lord: “Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls."
In my quest to restore the New Testament Church I have been moving along these older paths:
- Home churches were the original format and template of the New Testament Church. When issues arise, revert to the more basic NT pattern. Keep church simple.
- Immersion is an essential part of the salvation experience and needs to be re-implemented into conversions.
- Jesus is already upon his throne and is already ruling his Kingdom: The Church!
- That some spiritual gifts were only for a short time and only to establish the New Testament Church.
- The restoration of Elderships and the training up of Elders, not just Preachers. Essentially to rid the church of the one bishop or “Pastor System” and bring back the informed plurality of Elders.
- To quit putting the hopes of the church into new buildings and expensive Bible College educations.
- That Genesis teaches a 6 day Creation, and we should as Luther observed, argue why God took so long, instead of contending that He must of took much longer.
If we could walk along these original paths as they still lead to the truth, yet “pave” them to make them more accessible for the present generation, it would be a worthy mission! You are invited to join me!